Ingredients (4 servings)
- 8 slices Arnold 100% Whole Wheat® bread
- 5 c. spinach (about 5 oz.)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 c. walnuts
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz. nonfat cream cheese
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/8 c. Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 c. cooked chicken (1/2 c. per sandwich; rotisserie chicken works well)
Pour red wine vinegar over red onion, and let marinate at least 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare pesto and cream cheese spread.
For the pesto: In a food processor, pulse clove of garlic. Add walnuts and finely chop. Next, add spinach and pulse until finely chopped. Then, add chicken stock and olive oil. Lastly, season with salt and pepper to taste.
Make spread: In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, Italian seasoning and Kalamata olives. Spread mixture on one slice of bread and the spinach pesto on another slice. Add cooked chicken and sliced red onion. Top with other slice of bread and enjoy!