Ingredients (1 serving)
- 1 Arnold 100% Whole Wheat® rolls
- 2 slices eggplant, thinly sliced in rounds
- 1 tsp. garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 slice part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 slice beefsteak tomato
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Brush each side of the eggplant slices with garlic-infused olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place eggplant on an outdoor grill over medium-high heat or on an indoor grill pan over high heat, and grill approximately 3 minutes per side, until brown grill marks appear and eggplant softens.
Place grilled eggplant on a rimmed sheet tray and top with mozzarella cheese and tomato. Drizzle a bit of garlic-infused olive oil on top of tomato. Place in the oven for 10 minutes until tomato and cheese are hot. Place the eggplant stack between two toasted Sandwich Thins slices and enjoy!