Personalize Your Pizza Party
Making pizza at home is an easy way to reduce the sodium and calories on your plate.
Instead of having pizza delivered, invite some friends over for a pizza party and follow these three simple steps!
1. Start by using Arnold Sandwich Thins® Rolls 100% Whole Wheat rolls for your base- they are an excellent source of fiber and provide instant portion control.
2. Swap marinara sauce for fresh tomatoes and basil, which is much lower in sodium than store-bought sauce.
3. To personalize the experience, have a variety of unique produce toppings (e.g. eggplant slices, chopped figs, wild mushrooms, etc.) and savory toppings (e.g. smoked mozzarella, Cajun shrimp, prosciutto, etc.) available so your guests can make their own gourmet creations.
Here’s a recipe for you and your guests to try!
Easy Margherita Thins® Pizza
• 1 Arnold Sandwich Thins® Rolls 100% Whole Wheat rolls
• 4 thin tomato slices
• 1/2 tsp. oregano seasoning
• 2 basil leaves
• 2 tbsp. mozzarella and Parmesan cheese
Serving Size: 1
Place two slices of tomato on each half of the roll. Add mozzarella and Parmesan cheese to each half. Sprinkle on oregano. Place pizzas on a baking sheet and bake for 3 to 5 minutes to heat and infuse all the flavors. Let the pizzas cool for 1 minute and top each with one basil leaf.